Net Worth: $40 million
Source of Wealth: television, entrepreneur
Born: October 21, 1980 in Los Angeles, California.
Before her career as a reality television star, Kim Kardashian gained notoriety for a sex tape she was in that resulted in a court awarding her $5 million.
How much money does Kim Kardashian make?
Personal Appearances: She gets paid $50,000-100,000 per appearance at clubs, parties, and other events; sometimes $1 million internationally.
Twitter: She gets paid to endorse companies on her Twitter account. She can command $20,000 or more for a tweet that endorses a product.
Television shows: In April 2007, the Kardashian family signed a $40 million contract with E! for three more seasons of the show Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Kim, her mother, step-father and sisters Khloe and Kourtney will get equal salaries. The success of the series lead to the creaction of the show Kourtney and Kim Take New York.
Magazines: Kim also gets paid for being on the cover of magazines, which she is constantly on. She also earned money from best selling book Kardashian Konfidential
Wedding: Kardashian earned about $17.9 million by marrying Kris Humphries. She earned $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special called “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event” which aired on ‘E!’. The exclusive photo rights to the ceremony were sold to People magazine for $2.5 million.
As if that’s not enough, Kim even makes her friends pay to be in her presence. She charged guests $1,000 – $2,500 to attend her 30th birthday party in 2010 at Amnesia NYC.
2012: $18 million (according to Forbes)
2010: $6 million
Paid endorsements and sponsors
Kim also has a big stream of income from endorsement deals. Here’s a look at her portfolio:
• Has a clothing line for Sears called Kardashian Kollection
• Has a nail polish line with her 5 sisters for OPI. They were guaranteed $600,000 up front — plus a cut of the nail polish profits.
• QuickTrim, a weight-loss supplement
• Has an Armenian-inspired jewelry line called “The Kardashian Collection” with the company “Virgins Saints & Angels”
• Also jewelry line called “Belle Noel” with the company Bebe
• Has her own perfumes called ‘Gold’, ‘Love’ and ‘True Reflection’.
• Has a sunless tanner with her sisters called Kardashian Glamour Tan
• Has her own lollipops from the SugarFactory.com that sell for $25 each
• Muscle Flex VATA fitness gear
• Carls Jr. -a fast-food restaurant chain
• Midori Liquor
• Skechers sneakers
• Has a line of bathing suits called the Divinity Collection for Beach Bunny Swimwear
• Has an endorsement deal with her sisters with Perfect Skin
• Has her own line of luxury wristwatches the Brissmor Company
• Has an at-home laser hair removal product with skincare company Tria Beauty.
• Has an collaborated with “For Every Body” candles, which created the Kardashian DASH signature candle
• Endorsed Charmin toilet paper for the grand opening of their public bathrooms in Times Square, New York.
Other business ventures
Kim co-founded ShoeDazzle, a company that sells shoewear on a subscription basis. The website gets a ton of visitors.
She and her sisters own a couple of up-scale fashion stores in New York, Florida, and California called D-A-S-H. The boutique sells clothing, bras, and accessories.
She has lifestyle boutique called “Kardashian Khaos” in Las Vegas’ Mirage hotel. The store will specialize in “media and women’s health, fitness and lifestyle.” The business is a joint venture between the Kardashians, The Mirage, TLK Fusion and BRAVADA.
Her corporation is Kimsaprincess, Inc.
Image from lukeford.net